Last week Veeam announced the availability of the latest version of their Operations Manager extensions for VMWare. Veeam Management Pack for VMWare Version 6 builds on the previous versions of the product , formerly known as nWorks, and includes a number of new features that will extend the capabilities of System Center further.
Some of these new features include:-
Capacity planning reports
- Veeam MP offers four new capacity planning reports, built directly in Microsoft System Center:
- Host Failure Modeling
- Performance Forecast for Datastores
- Performance Forecast for vSphere Clusters
- Virtual Machine Capacity Prediction
Storage Monitoring Heatmaps
- New heatmaps for datastore space and datastore performance usage provide an instant visual representation that uses color and graphics to show how rapidly your infrastructure is growing. You can see at a glance which VMs are the biggest, which are the fastest growing and drill down to find out why.
System Center 2012 Dashboards
- Real-time performance views of critical vSphere systems are presented in new dashboard views—such as ‘Top 10 hosts for CPU’ per-cluster and ‘Top 10 VMs for Disk I/O’ per datastore—that leverage System Center 2012 Operations Manager widgets.
New model for Storage and Network
- Separate topology views of distributed storage, network and compute environments allow you to quickly browse relationships and dependencies among your critical applications, services and supporting virtual and physical infrastructures. You can link from the topology view directly to real-time dashboards and monitor key metrics, such as latency, provisioning and utilization.
Performance Analysis and Correlation Monitors
- Monitors accept input from multiple performance metrics and gather correlated data from other vSphere objects to help you solve problems faster. Dynamic correlated data is provided right in the alert description.
And support for Windows Server 2012
To find out more visit Veeam's website, http://www.veeam.com/vmware-microsoft-esx-monitoring.html